Join the HESSCO Team!
Since 1977 HESSCO (Health and Social Services Consortium, Inc.) has coordinated care services and provided support, information and referral for older adults, individuals living with a disability and their caregivers and families in the Massachusetts towns of Canton, Dedham, Foxborough, Medfield, Millis, Norfolk, Norwood, Plainville, Sharon, Walpole, Westwood and Wrentham. HESSCO is located conveniently off Route 1N on the Sharon/Walpole line with ample, free parking. HESSCO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Come join a team dedicated to helping consumers and families find the care and services they need to Age Well in the community.
Benefits: (for Full-Time positions) which begin on the first day of employment include:
- Health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- Health reimbursement and flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan
- 2 weeks vacation first year, 3 personal days, 11 holidays and 15 sick days first year
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible four-day work week for some positions
How to Apply: Send a resume and detailed cover letter describing your experience, qualifications and salary history to:
One Merchant Street
Sharon, MA 02067
HESSCO, a non-profit social services agency that coordinates services for elders and individuals with disabilities, has a full time (37.5 hours/week) position available to oversee the bid process for all purchased services. Responsibilities include conducting vendor audits, maintaining updated contracts in SAMS and working with the Fiscal Department around vendor billing issues, conducting satisfaction surveys on vendor performance, planning and presenting an annual vendor training, recruiting new vendors, and providing supervision and overseeing the process for new referrals.
B.A. plus three years of experience in human services environment or six years of experience in human service environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively lead a group. Experience in report writing in SAMS or other client tracking system. Excellent computer skills.
Full time (37.5 hours/week) position available to assist various departments pertaining to referrals, billing discrepancies and other projects. Responsibilities include processing service orders, completing data entry, providing follow up documentation and maintaining positive provider relationships.
2-4 years administrative support experience required, non-profit setting preferred. Necessary computer skills include Microsoft Office programs. Previous experience with client database or electronic medical record system preferred. Ability to multi-task in a busy office setting with time-sensitive requests is required. Have a keen eye for detail and organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently and within a team.
Full time position available to provide in-home assessments for older adults to remain living independently in the community, evaluate and determine consumer needs in accordance with eligibility guidelines, and coordinate and monitor service plans to assist consumers to remain safely at home.
Human Service B.A. required; BSW preferred. Salary differential for LSW. Good assessment, writing, accurate record keeping and computer skills necessary. Ability to manage a case load. Reliable personal transportation. Flexible four-day work week possibility.
INTAKE ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST
Full time position to assess the needs of elders, determine eligibility for programs, develop and monitor plans and advocate for elders. Identify financial, medical, mental health and other needs and refer to appropriate agency.
Qualifications: Human Service B.A. required. BSW preferred. Mass. SW license eligibility preferred. Good assessment, writing & computer skills necessary.
FAMILY CAREGIVER PROGRAM SPECIALIST
HESSCO is seeking the right candidate for a challenging position as a Family Caregiver Program Specialist. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and as part of a larger team. The Specialist provides supportive counseling to family caregivers and assists in the development of personal action plans designed to help caregivers connect to services and supports. The Family Caregiver Program Specialist will conduct community education and outreach programs specific to the needs of caregivers. In addition, the Specialist is a valuable member of the Home Care Department providing training and support to colleagues interacting with caregivers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct home visits with caregivers, complete caregiver assessments and develop personal action plans for family caregivers of older adults, adults with disability, and grandparents raising grandchildren.
- Be the point of contact within the agency for information/support around caregiver needs and services.
- Develop and present caregiver education programs within the community and within the agency.
- Stay current with all caregiver-related research and new information/services.
- Represent HESSCO within area coalitions/outreach groups that serve the needs of caregivers.
- Collect, document and report program statistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work with four years of experience working with elders and/or adults with disability and knowledge of caregiving issues.
- Excellent assessment, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but report back to a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with client database systems.
Please send resume with a cover letter.